Volunteer Agreement Form
Volunteer counsellors are a vital part of the JTeen Support team. We appreciate that you have chosen to volunteer with us, and we will do our best to make your experience enjoyable and rewarding. We aim to be flexible and supportive and believe that the volunteer relationship is built on trust and mutual understanding.
This agreement sets out:
- suggested start and end dates
- what support you can expect from us when you volunteer
- the expectations from you as a volunteer
As a volunteer we ask that you:
- Strive for the best that you can do and complete your volunteering activities with dedication and commitment. This entails being available on standby for minimum of 2 hours a week to respond to callers during our opening hours of 6pm-12am each day.
- Attend any briefings, trainings and supervision that we think will help you in your role.
- Be positive about and support the charitable work of JTeen Support.
- Follow and operate within the policies and procedures of JTeen Support, including Safeguarding policies and Equal Opportunities.
- Act responsibly and within the law.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of JTeen Support’s activity, the people in our care, our team and our procedures.
- Value and respect the rights of user of the service.
- Work in partnership with staff and volunteers to make society a better place for our beneficiaries.
- Let your supervisor know if you are having any problems or if you have any complaints, concerns or feedback.
- Meet agreed time commitments and give reasonable notice when you’re not available so that arrangements can be made.
In return, we will:
- Introduce you to how our organisation works and your role within it.
- Provide you with full information about JTeen Support’s work, policies and procedures.
- Offer training and support for your role.
- Reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses.
- Strive to resolve any concerns fairly and reasonably, applying our complaints procedure when it is needed.
- Respect and listen to your feedback, and keep you informed of any changes.
- Ensure your safety and welfare.
- Apply our equal opportunities policy.
- Encourage a positive and supportive volunteering experience.
This agreement is in honour only. It is not intended to be a legally binding contract and either JTeen Support or the volunteer can end the agreement at any time.