JTeen Support (JTS) Terms of Service
If You Are In Danger Or Need Emergency Help Call 999
Who we are?
In order to protect your confidentiality, we never initiate direct contact with you. We are therefore unable to notify you directly of any changes to the Terms. Your use of the Service after such changes have been posted shall constitute your acceptance of the revised Terms.
At the end of your conversation, you will receive a request to send feedback. This is to help us learn from your experience and improve our service. Some policies surrounding the feedback:
- Responses are anonymous and any personal information contained in it will be deleted.
- Your feedback might be used for marketing and training.
You assume all risk for use of the service. To the extent permitted by law; JTS, our volunteer counsellors, therapists and staff are NOT responsible or have liability for any decisions, or results of the decisions that you make while, as a result of, or after using the Service. This includes whether you choose to seek or not seek professional care, or to modify or terminate specific treatment that you are currently receiving based on the information provided by this service.
You also agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless for damages arising out of (A) your use of the Service, (B) your breach of these Terms, (C) your violation of the law, (D) claims asserted by third parties that you are in breach of these Terms or (E) information provided by you to JTS or (F) the unavailability of the service. Without limiting the foregoing, in no event shall JTS be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or indirect damages.
JTS make no warranty that we will (A) meet your requirements; (B) be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or (C) meet your expectations. The foregoing disclaimers of liability apply to the extent permitted by law to all damages or injury, including those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, including negligence, or any other cause of action.
You may use JTS only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree to use the Service only for lawful and legitimate purposes. You agree not to use the Service:
- in any way that violates any applicable law or regulation.
- to threaten, harass, or otherwise inappropriately abuse JTS volunteer counsellors and staff.
- to “spam,” gather or attempt to gather personal information belonging to users or others for the purposes of spamming, marketing, selling to third parties, or otherwise abusing JTS or its users.
- to impersonate or attempt to impersonate another person or entity; or to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm JTS or users of the Services.
- JTS reserves the right to terminate your access to the Service if you violate these Terms, including by engaging in the prohibited uses described above. For example, we might determine that you would be better served by a different kind of support or that you require services beyond those that we can reasonably provide to you. JTS further reserves the right to terminate the Service or your access to it, for any other reason, at our sole discretion.
All our data is stored and protected by our software provider- Call Handling Services Limited. Despite these very robust protections, SMS remains an imperfectly secure environment and they (and JTS) cannot guarantee 100% protection from intruders, hackers or interceptors. You use the Service and submit information to JTS at your own risk.
Additionally, we care about the privacy and safety of our volunteers and staff. In using the Service, you agree to not communicate with our volunteers and staff outside of the Service. If you have questions, comments, or feedback for us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile network disclaimer
Texts to JTS are charged in the same way as your payment plan charges for all regular texts. Contact your mobile phone plan provider directly for further details.
Times of opening
JTS will be available from 6pm to 12am every day besides Friday. Saturday evening times will be shorter during the summer. We will not begin a new interaction after 11.45pm.